Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Marsala Sauce.
You can have Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Marsala Sauce using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- It’s 1.5 pounds of ground sirloin (90/10).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of parsley.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Montreal steak seasoning.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 of small yellow onion finely minced.
- You need 1 Cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 Cup of white button mushrooms finely minced (food processor).
- It’s 1 Cup of Marsala cooking wine.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 Cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of minced shallots.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground pepper.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Marsala Sauce step by step
- Combine first 9 ingredients and shape into equal sized patties..
- Brown Salisbury steak over medium high heat until deep golden Brown on each side. It does not matter if they are cooked through as they will continue to cook when put back into sauce. Remove from heat..
- Add all remaining ingredients except wine, cream and lemon juice to pan over medium heat and cook until mushrooms are cooked through..
- Add Marsala wine and allow the alcohol to cook off for 1-2 minutes..
- Add cream and lemon juice. Salt and pepper as desired..
- Add steak patties back to sauce and cook until sauce reduces and thickens (approx. 10 minutes)..
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. I always like to make mashed potatoes with mine, because the sauce is great as a gravy!.