You can cook Cabbage Rolls using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls
- You need 1 1/2-2 lb of hamburger, raw.
- You need 2 cans of tomato sauce (680 ml).
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes (796 ml).
- You need 2 of medium onions chopped.
- You need 2 of eggs beaten with a fork.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Montreal steak spice.
- You need 1 of cabbage.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked minute rice.
Cabbage Rolls step by step
- With a paring knife remove core on bottom of cabbage.
- Add water to large pot when boiling put cabbage in being careful not to overflow water. I stuck a large fork in hole where core was removed to prevent splashing putting in and taking out of pot. Allow to boil until leaves are soft enough to peel off..
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except tomato sauce. Use half of the diced tomatoes saving the rest for later. I used nitrile gloves to keep my hands clean..
- Remove cabbage and peel leaves. With sharp peeler run along spine to reduce thickness.
- Place leaf with thick end away from you. Put some meat mixture on the leaf roll and fold ends (like a burrito) try to keep it tight..
- Put a splash of tomato sauce on bottom of crock pot then add cabbage rolls neatly. With knife pierce 3 or 4 small holes in cabbage rolls to allow tomato sauce in while cooking and juices out to improve flavor of sauce..
- When first layer is full cover with tomato sauce. Repeat with next row, fill to top of crock pot. Pour remaining tomato sauce topping with the saved diced tomatoes..
- Set crock pot to low for 8 hours. I like to probe after 8 hours. A reading of 160 degrees insures hamburger is cooked..
- Make some mashed potatoes, use sauce/gravey from crock pot over potatoes and cabbage rolls. Enjoy.