Philly Steak Style Rice Dish.
You can cook Philly Steak Style Rice Dish using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Philly Steak Style Rice Dish
- Prepare 1 of Bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of medium Onion, diced.
- You need 5 clove of Garlic, diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of Mushrooms, sliced (optional).
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef (1-2 lb. I used 1.5 pounds).
- Prepare 2 cup of Rice, dry measure.
- You need 4 cup of Beef broth.
- You need 1 tsp of McCormick brand Montreal steak seasoning.
- You need 2 cup of Cheese, whichever type you prefer.
Philly Steak Style Rice Dish instructions
- In a large skillet, sauté onions, peppers, mushrooms, & garlic in a couple tablespoons of oil or butter..
- Once veggies are softened, add ground beef and seasoning. Stir and cook until browned..
- Drain some of the grease from pan, then add rice & stir.
- Add broth and bring pot to a rapid boil, stirring occasionally..
- Let boil for about 5 minutes uncovered, stirring so rice doesn't stick or burn..
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes, without stirring..
- Most of the liquid should be absorbed at this point. If not, cook 5-10 minutes more..
- Add cheese, cover and cook 5 more minutes..