Perfect Canadian hot 'n sweet chili.
You can have Perfect Canadian hot 'n sweet chili using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Perfect Canadian hot 'n sweet chili
- It’s 1 of Green Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Red Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Yellow or Orange Pepper.
- Prepare 2 large of White Onions.
- Prepare 2 of Fresh Celery – optional.
- You need 1 of Red Tomato.
- You need 1 packages of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Chili Seasoning Mix.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Minced Fresh Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tabasco Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 3 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 large of Can of Crushed Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of Lima Beans.
- It’s 1 can of Kidney Beans.
- It’s 1 can of Chick Peas.
- Prepare 1 can of Pink Beans.
- It’s 2 can of Chopped Mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
Perfect Canadian hot 'n sweet chili instructions
- Chop peppers, onions, celery and tomato and put aside..
- Drain liquid from canned beans, chickpeas and mushrooms in a colander together and rinse thoroughly with water. Allow to drain well..
- Cook ground beef in frying pan, half of packaged chili seasoning and half of chopped onion until fully cooked but not too browned..
- Add all ingredients together in large pot or crockpot on low heat to gently simmer overnight or at least 6 hours, the longer the better, stirring every few hours. If preparing the night before and simmering overnight- add 1 additional cup of water to allow for evaporation..