Easy Eggs Benedict. Making Eggs Benedict requires careful orchestration. Essentially, working one egg at a time. Eggs benedict is my all time favorite way of eating eggs.
Eggs Benedict sounds complicated, like something you'd only find at a fancy brunch. But the ingredients are actually really basic. Although eggs Benny is usually a restaurant brunch treat, why not save a little cash and enjoy it at home (maybe even in bed)? You can have Easy Eggs Benedict using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Eggs Benedict
- Prepare 7 of eggs or 4 eggs plus 3 pasteurized egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 Stick of and a half of unsalted butter (12 ounces total).
- Prepare 4 of thin slices of cooked ham or Canadian Bacon.
- You need 2 of English Muffins.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need Dash of salt.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of prepared mustard.
- You need Dash of red pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of hot water.
Eggs Benedict is a traditional breakfast dish composed of an English muffin topped with Canadian Check out our easy guide for more help. Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe Tips & Tricks. First, get out your slotted spoon and a deep pan. I prefer a pan, as the lack of depth seems to help keep the eggs together better.
Easy Eggs Benedict step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F..
- Lightly grease a 4 or 6-compartment muffin tin..
- Following the original recipe, we molded each ham slice into one of the muffin tin compartments. However, we found a minor modification was much easier and works just as well. Instead, we wrap all of the ham slices in a piece of foil and set aside..
- Crack 4 of the eggs into separate compartments of the muffin tin..
- Separate the yolks from the whites of the 3 remaining eggs. Save the whites for other uses, or add the whites to the eggs already in the muffin tin. Drop the yolks into a blender – but don't blend yet. Note: A later step supposedly 'cooks' the yolks with hot butter, but if you prefer to be cautious you might want to substitute 3 pasteurized egg yolks..
- Place the foil-wrapped ham and the filled muffin tin in the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes..
- To the blender containing the egg yolks, add the lemon juice, salt, mustard, and red pepper powder. (Don't blend yet.).
- Put the butter in a microwave-safe container. Wait about 10 minutes to allow the eggs and ham in the oven to cook. Just before the oven timer goes off, microwave the butter until very hot and bubbly – about 2-3 minutes on high should do it..
- While the butter is heating, split the English Muffins, put into a toaster, and depress the 'toast' lever..
- When the toaster pops, pull the English Muffin halves out and place on two plates, split side up. Remove the ham and the eggs from the oven. Assemble by placing a piece of ham, then an egg from the muffin tin atop each muffin half..
- Turn the blender on the slowest speed and add the tablespoon of hot water. In a few seconds, begin to add the hot butter in a steady stream, taking about 20 seconds. Continue to run the blender for about another 20-30 seconds. Mixture should thicken slightly..
- Pour the mixture from the blender over the assembled muffins. Eat immediately and enjoy! Tip: This tends to cool very quickly, so serving it on warmed plates is advisable..
Enjoy eggs Benedict at home with this easy recipe that has all the classic flavors and is made with minimal View image. Easy Eggs Benedict. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet. Eggs Benedict is popular dish no doubt because of the perfect combination of poached eggs and ham. Both this and Eggs Florentine are popular throughout the day, not just for breakfast or brunch. How to make Eggs Benedict for a crowd: The hollandaise is easy enough in any quantity that will fit in a blender.