Big Poppa's 1869 slow cooked chicken broth.
You can cook Big Poppa's 1869 slow cooked chicken broth using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Big Poppa's 1869 slow cooked chicken broth
- You need 36 cups of water.
- You need 3 of chicken carasses.
- Prepare 4 of celery stocks with leafs.
- It’s 8 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 5 of bay leafs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh dryed ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine (my addition).
- It’s 2 tsp of sage.
- You need 5 of whole Bay leaf.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg *2.
- It’s 2 tsp of basil (my great aunt added this).
- You need 2 tsp of oregano (My Mother added this).
- It’s 2 tsp of Italian seasoning (my great grandmother added this).
- It’s 4 tsp of Brown sugar or 1 tsp of Canadian maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 of onions (quartered).
- You need 2 tsp of salt (sea salt is best).
- Prepare 1 of green pepper (my addition).
- It’s 1 of red pepper (my addition).
- Prepare 8 drops of liquid smoke (my mother's addition) *recommended*.
Big Poppa's 1869 slow cooked chicken broth step by step
- Combine all ingredients in a pot or crock pot and simmer on low for 24 hrs..
- Strain and set aside chicken meat.
- Put in pot and add elbow noodles (I add 4 cups of noodles and 2 canes of condensed tomato soup)*Aylmer's*.
- Simmer for 1 hr and serve.
- If you are sick with whatever, take a nap and you should feel better..
- This has been a feel good soup for a long time no matter what you add or take away from it. Make it your own and God speed..