‘Okayu’ Japanese Rice Porridge.
You can cook ‘Okayu’ Japanese Rice Porridge using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ‘Okayu’ Japanese Rice Porridge
- You need 1 cup of Cooked Japanese Short Grain Rice *firmly packed.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 cups Water *Do not add anything else!.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of *Note: If you cook from scratch, 100ml Uncooked Japanese Short Grain Rice & 600ml Water.
‘Okayu’ Japanese Rice Porridge step by step
Place Cooked Japanese Short Grain Rice and Water in a saucepan, bring to the boil over medium high heat. Break down any lumps..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Add 1 pinch Salt and stir..
Cook Japanese Short Grain Rice with Water in the ratio of 1:6. For example, cook 100ml Rice with 600ml Water..
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water a couple of times. Drain the rice, place into the rice cooker’s inner pot and add Water. Press Cook/Start button to cook. Add 1 pinch Salt and stir..
- If you cook in a pot or saucepan, you need to be careful because it is easy to boil over. Once it is boiling, reduce heat to low, stir well, then cover with a lid but do not close completely. Cook for 40 minutes or until rice is soft. Add 1 pinch Salt and stir..