Calzone. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it. No need to defrost, just add a couple minutes to your baking times.
Or stuff it with whatever you like. This easy calzone recipe features homemade pizza dough and a veggie and two-cheese filling. Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed. You can have Calzone using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Calzone
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 envelope of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of marinara sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated cheese (Colby works best).
- It’s 1 packages of pepperoni, Canadian bacon, hamburger, or meat of your choice.
- It’s 1 of onion, peppers, olives, pineapple, or filling of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of egg, whisked and set aside.
Making Calzones with Frank Pinello from the Pizza Show. This Calzone Recipe will take your Italian favorite to a new level – loaded with sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and vegetables wrapped with soft and fluffy calzone dough. Did you ever eat an Italian Calzone in a restaurant? I did (a couple of My boyfriend actually introduced me to this Italian dish after he ate Calzones multiple times in Italy where.
- For the dough: Mix flour, salt, and yeast..
- Mix in oil, egg, and hot water. Stir until sticky but firm and pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Let set 5 minutes..
- Divide dough into 4 pieces..
- Roll each piece of dough into circles approximately 1/4 inch thick..
- Add marinara, leaving 1/2-1 inch free of any sauce or filling at the edge of the dough.
- Top with ingredients of choice (pictured is pepperoni). Top this with 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Fold dough in half over the top of the ingredients so that bit looks like a half circle. Roll the edge together to seal..
- Place on baking sheet and brush tops with egg wash.
- Bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
A calzone is a savory Italian turnover that is either baked or deep-fried, made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and a variety of other ingredients. From Italian calzone (literally “stocking, trouser”). Hyphenation: cal‧zone. (UK) IPA(key): /kæltˈsəʊni/, /kælˈzəʊni/. (US) IPA(key): /kælˈzoʊn/, /kælˈzoʊneɪ/. calzone (plural calzones or calzoni). A baked Italian turnover made of pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and other toppings. Calzone definition is – a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese. plural calzone or calzones.