’Jingisukan’ Lamb Rice Bowl. Daruma is famous for their Jingisukan lamb, which was amazing! Probably the best lamb we've had in our lives! If you're visiting Sapporo, Hokkaido in Japan.
Use commonly available lamb meat to create this scrumptious rice bowl dish. Jingisukan (ジンギスカン, “Genghis Khan”) is a Japanese grilled mutton dish prepared on a convex metal skillet or other grill. The dish is particularly popular on the northern island of Hokkaidō and in China. You can cook ’Jingisukan’ Lamb Rice Bowl using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ’Jingisukan’ Lamb Rice Bowl
- Prepare 250 g of Lamb Meat.
- It’s 2-3 of Cabbage Leaves.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1/4 of Capsicum.
- You need of *Note: Use any vegetables of your choice. Green Bean, Asparagus, Bean Sprouts, Spring Onion, Asian Green Vegetables, etc.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Oil for cooking.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 2 of Servings Freshly Cooked Rice.
- It’s of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- You need of
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *grated.
- You need 1 of small piece Ginger *grated.
- You need 1/2 of Apple *grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce).
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Mirin *OR 1 teaspoon Sugar.
Pronounced 'jingisukan' in Japanese, this dish is particularly beloved in. Best Donburi (Rice Bowl) in Asahikawa. Jingisukan is a Hokkaido-specialty consisting of grilled mutton or lamb. It is believed that Jingisukan was named after Genghis Khan—the founder of the Mongol Empire.
’Jingisukan’ Lamb Rice Bowl instructions
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl..
- Slice Lamb Meat into thin bite size pieces. Add to the marinade and mix to combine well. Set aside while you are preparing vegetables..
- The vegetables should be sliced and/or cut into bite size pieces..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat, stir-fry the vegetables and lightly season with Salt & Pepper. Transfer to a plate and set aside..
- Heat the frying pan over a high heat, add extra small amount of Oil if required, cook the lamb meat with all the marinade until cooked though and the sauce is thickened..
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice, cover with the stir-fried vegetables and the lamb on top. Sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds..
Although there are many theories about the origin of the name, the most popular say that it was influenced by the convex. Jingisukan (Japanese pronunciation of “Genghis Khan”) is a famous grilled mutton dish in Hokkaido. It is somewhat difficult to find outside of the northern part of Japan, so if you happen to travel to Sapporo, this is a must-try specialty of the local cuisine! Here are some of the best restaurants for having the. Jingisukan, genghis khan, Japanese style lamb barbecue. general tso's chicken with rice, american chinese cuisine isolated on white background.