Bria's apple bacon meatloaf. The bacon and apples really add a wonderful, surprising twist to this already moist meatloaf. Line the bottom of each loaf pan with bread slices. (This will soak up any grease from the cooking meatloaf.) Apple Bacon Meatloaf. Be the first to review this recipe.
Melt remaining butter and add to bacon mixture and stir until combined. Transfer meatloaf onto a serving board. Slice and serve with tomato chutney, steamed new. You can cook Bria's apple bacon meatloaf using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bria's apple bacon meatloaf
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground venison or sausage.
- It’s 2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of McCormick misquette streak seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 2 tbsp of your favorite steak sauce. I use McCormick smokey montreal.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need 5 piece of thick sliced baccon. use more as needed to cover top.
- Prepare 4 of baking apples.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 6 piece of cold butter. cut slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
Homemade meatloaf just like mom used to make has nothing on this bacon-wrapped meatloaf. With a brown sugar-ketchup glaze and whole strips of bacon, this mighty meatloaf is a flavorful meal that's far from the dry brick that haunts many childhood memories. So the next time you want a throwback. Spread reserved ketchup mixture over top and drape bacon in a crisscross pattern over loaf, tucking underneath.
Bria's apple bacon meatloaf step by step
- Add ground meat, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, onion, liquid smoke, steak seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well. Hands work best..
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. Top with bacon. *Note: It's okay if bacon hangs over the sides a little. It will shrink while cooking..
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Then take it out and drain grease. Put I back in oven for 20 more minutes..
- Wile meatloaf is baking. Peel and quarter 4-6 baking apples..
- Place in small baking dish an cover with brown sugar, top with butter and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
- Serve meatloaf topped with baked apples and sauce..
Meatloaf + bacon + apple stuffing = BLAMMO. Don't you dare pass Thank you for visiting Apple Holler. The bacon and apple highlight the barbecue sauce for a smoky flavor. Fresh apples and smokey bacon intensify the flavors of barbecue sauce and provide a subtle sweetness to this slow cooker chicken. The arrival of apples means incorporating the sweet, crunchy fruit in as many meals as possible.