Butter Tarts. Butter tarts are one of my all time favourite sweet treats and have been for many years. I don't often make them because, to be absolutely frank, I would not rest until I had eaten all of them! These butter tarts consist of a flaky pastry shell filled with a rich buttery caramel center.
Put it in a tart shell or. If you haven't tried one you need to. I've been eating them my whole life Butter Up Santa with Caramelized Butter Tarts – Spinach Tiger. You can have Butter Tarts using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter Tarts
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter melted.
- You need 3/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Twas the night before Christmas and. The butter tart is probably the most recognizably Canadian dessert there is. This iconic dish has stood the test of time and its syrupy simplicity has evoked a sense of Canadiana like few others. There may be no more perfectly satisfying treat than a Canadian butter tart.
Butter Tarts step by step
- Incorporate all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 4 or 5 minutes..
- Place tart shells on cookie sheet. Approx. 14 to 16. Spoon mixture into shells. About 3/4 full..
- Set oven at 400°F. Cook for 15 min or until shell edges are brown. Remove and Enjoy when cool enough..
It is small and sweet, bracingly so, with hints of butterscotch and caramel. And each bite delivers three textures: flaky crust. Butter, sugar, cream, raisins, and walnuts fill these traditional butter tarts. I found these tarts very “dry”- I guess I like mine with a little less raisins/nuts and more butter and sugar mixture. A butter tart is a type of small pastry tart highly regarded in Canadian cuisine and considered one of Canada's quintessential treats.