Potato Waffle Poutine.
You can cook Potato Waffle Poutine using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Waffle Poutine
- It’s 7 of potatoes.
- You need 1 of gravy.
- Prepare 1 of cheese curd or shredded mozza.
Potato Waffle Poutine step by step
- FYI… The potatoes should be cold going into the waffle iron, so make sure you've got time..
- Peel & (boil or steam) potatoes. They're done when you can fork them and there's no resistance..
- While (potatoes, boiling/steaming) shred some mozza, make some gravy, get some curd ready, have a beer, etc….
- Smash the potatoes.
Do not add butter or milk!Salt to taste. Go to town on these, chunky smashed potatoes are great, but not here..
the smashed potatoes should be cold. Preheat your waffle iron before using it..
- Spoon in some potato to the waffle iron and close it. This generally takes longer than waffles. I wouldn't open it for the first few minutes (FAIL). They're done when they're done.
Use your sense of smell here.
- Add gratuitous amounts of cheese and gravy. You'll notice the waffle pockets do a great job holding the cheese and gravy. Enjoy it first, thank me later, eh?.