Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes. Drain and return potatoes to the hot pot. Ultra Crispy Smashed Potatoes are straight forward to make – boil, squish, drizzle, bake – but there are two little tips I've discovered along the way: Let the potatoes steam dry a bit after smashing them. Use butter and a touch of oil.
Cream cheese makes these mashed potatoes extra rich and creamy. These are already some of the easiest mashed potatoes to make but if you In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season with salt. These Smashed Cheesy Potatoes have a pop of garlic flavor and topped with cheesy goodness! You can cook Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes
- Prepare 6-8 of Yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of sweet onion.
- You need 4 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 cups of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 oz of Aged cheddar cheese.
- You need 6 oz of sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 bar of cream cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of Montreal seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of dried chives.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
They turned out so delicious and make the perfect side dish to any dinner! While the potatoes are boiling, in a small mixing bowl combine the butter, black pepper, garlic and Old Bay Seasoning. Cut potatoes in half and place in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Rough chop the potatoes and boil until a knife slips in and out easily..
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and sweat until translucent. When done remove from the heat and stir in the cream cheese..
- When the potatoes are done drain thoroughly and let cool slightly in a colander..
- Add butter to the pot the potatoes were cooked in and return the potatoes to the pot..
- With a potato masher mix the potatoes, butter, onion-garlic-cream cheese and dry spices..
- Start stirring in the buttermilk, you may not need all 2 cups. While adding the buttermilk grate in the aged cheddar. More can definitely be used that is just all I had on hand..
- Once the consistency is to your liking transfer to a greased casserole dish and stir in the remaining cheddar..
- Bake covered at 300° for 45 minutes. Uncover move to the top rack and bake for another 12 or so minutes to get a little color..
Work on other dishes while you are waiting for the water to boil. Drain and return potatoes to the hot pot. Experience cheesy goodness while eating smart with Cheesy Smashed Potatoes. Mashed potatoes made with cream cheese, sour cream, and butter. A favorite side dish that can be made ahead of time and reheated Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil.