Creamy Shepard's Pie.
You can have Creamy Shepard's Pie using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Shepard's Pie
- It’s 1 of Diced onion.
- You need 5 of Diced White Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of beef or chicken broth.
- It’s 750 grams of ground beef.
- You need 2 of diced carrots.
- You need 2/3 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 4 of potatos.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper according to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce sweet and spicy.
Creamy Shepard's Pie instructions
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into squares, boil for 30 min or till soft..
- Fry the onions.
- When the onions are browned add the mushrooms and continue to fry..
- When the mushrooms are also browned add the rest of the vegetables and fry..
- When the mixture is consistent add in the ground beef..
- Fry and mix the beef with the veggies till it is brown and crumbled (evenly)..
- Mix in the tomato paste, BBQ sauce and Chicken broth..
- Fry a bit more and mix until it is uniform..
- Once the potatoes are soft mash them in a separate bowl (use butter if they are too crumbley)..
- Spread the beef mix evenly in a Pyrex tray..
- Spread the potatoes over the beef leaving a jagged rough texture on top ( so when they bake the edges will brown)..
- Bake at 300 °C for 40 min to an hour. Or until the edges are browned..
- Serve and enjoy..