Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage. Stuffed acorn squash is effortlessly pretty and easy. This festive version plays with sweet and savory, filling the winter squash with homemade turkey sausage, plump cranberries, and fragrant sage. Prepare turkey sausage: In a medium bowl, combine sausage ingredients and mix well.
Lots of taste, healthy and satisfying. I used turkey sausage and added a little extra sage. I will be making them again. You can have Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage
- You need 2 of acorn squashes.
- You need 1 lb. of Ground Turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Feta cheese.
- You need 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Montreal seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of sage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed fennel seed.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe with ground turkey meat and spinach. Plus how to cut acorn squash without losing a finger. Turkey stuffed acorn squash recipe officially marks Fall cooking in my kitchen. This stuffed acorn squash was surprisingly easy and quick. #acornsquash #squash #squashrecipe #recipe.
Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage step by step
- Mix the ground turkey with the vinegar, Worcestershire and dry spices together in a large bowl at least 2 hours before cooking..
- Preheat the oven to 385°.
- Cut the squashes in half and scoop out the seeds. Set on a lined baking sheet brush with oil and roast until soft, about an hour..
- In a saucepan warm your favorite pasta sauce homemade or store bought..
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp oil on medium high heat and add the ground turkey mix. Cook on medium high until done and continue to cook to allow the meat to brown a little bit. I have had the best luck with getting a good flavor and texture on ground turkey by cooking with a little higher heat..
- Mix the turkey, sauce and feta together..
- Scrape the inside of the squashes lightly with a fork and spoon the mixture inside..
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for about 10 minutes until golden and bubbly..
Baked Acorn Squash stuffed with spicy Hot Italian Sausage. . .a nice Basil, Mozzarella, Red Onion &Tomato salad and a sprig of fresh Basil to freshen the air. What happens when you stuff an acorn squash with a delicious turkey chili recipe? You have an edible bowl that's not just good for you, it tastes great too! Made it with turkey pumpkin chili and it was a gobbled up! Barely have enough for my lunch tomorrow.