Slow-Cooked Roast Beef with Red Sauce.
You can cook Slow-Cooked Roast Beef with Red Sauce using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow-Cooked Roast Beef with Red Sauce
- You need 2 of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 2 of onions.
- Prepare 4 of celery.
- It’s 1 cup of Baby Carrots.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste.
- You need 1 cup of Red Wine.
- You need 4 lb of boneless beef round roast. serves 4.
- You need 1 tbsp of Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
Slow-Cooked Roast Beef with Red Sauce step by step
- Let roast sit for two hours at room temperature before cooking..
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Chop up Sweet Potatoes, baby carrots, celery, and Onions. Add these trimmings to the cast iron pan..
- Sprinkle liberally Montreal Steak Seasoning (Or salt and pepper) and 2 tablespoons of olive oil into pan..
- Place the roast on top of the trimmings (Fat side up). Add another tablespoon of olive oil and some more Montreal Steak Seasoning on top of the roast. Place in oven and let cook for 30 minutes. DO NOT OPEN OVEN WHILE COOKING. After the 30 minutes is up, turn off the oven and let it sit in the oven for an hour and a half UNINTERRUPTED..
- Remove the pot and put the roast on a cutting board to rest. Put the trimmings back in the oven at 300°F to keep warm while you make the sauce..
- Add the rosmary, garlic, and butter into the juices left over in the pot while it is heated by the stove. Then add the tomato paste, 1/2 cup of beef broth, a cup of red whine, and 2 tablespoons of flour while stirring for a minute. Enjoy!.