Flank Steak with Dijon Caper Sauce. A fast recipe for flank steak, with the added flavour boost of Dijon mustard and capers. Pounding the steaks produces flattened meat, which reduces the cooking time, and also breaks down the muscle Flank steak with mustard sauce, herbs and capers. Lean and flavorful, and should be thinly sliced against the grain when carving.
You will love this Flank Steak with Peppercorn Cream Sauce recipe! Includes detailed instructions for a peppercorn sauce that can be enjoyed with The flank steak was super-easy yet flavorful, cooked either on the grill or the stove. And the thick and creamy herbed peppercorn sauce was incredible. You can cook Flank Steak with Dijon Caper Sauce using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Flank Steak with Dijon Caper Sauce
- It’s 2 lb of Flank Steak.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Montreal Steak seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of Sriracha (or Hot sauce).
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of capers (drained well).
Stir Dijon with thyme and salt in a small bowl. Rub flank steak with Dijon mustard. Coat both sides of steak with fresh ground black pepper. Juicy flank steak is paired with a buttery caper and shallot pan sauce.
Flank Steak with Dijon Caper Sauce step by step
- Mix garlic, steak seasoning, smoked paprika, worchesteshire sauce and red wine vinegar. Whisk in olive oil. Place meat in shallow dish and coat it evenly in marinade let stand 15-30 minutes..
- Heat grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat. Grill flank steak 6-8 minutes on each side.(The steak will be a medium rare to medium. You may cook the steak longer if you prefer) Remove steak from grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice meat on an angle, cutting the meat against the grain..
- While steak is grilling you can prepare your Dijon Caper sauce..
- Over low heat melt the 3 tbsp butter. Slowly whisk in white wine, mustard, worchesteshire, sugar, salt, heavy cream and capers. Let sauce come to a slow boil to cook off the alcohol in the wine about 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Sauce will thicken while it cools..
- Drizzle sauce over your portion of flank steak. ENJOY!.
Though my visit to Stockholm was four long years ago, I've thought of this steak with caper sauce ever since I returned home and have always meant to try and replicate its memorable flavor. Hanger steak, flat-iron and flank steak can all be used as substitutes for skirt steak in most recipes. Reviews for: Photos of Grilled Steak with Whiskey Dijon BBQ Sauce. Pour the marinade over both pieces, rubbing it in with your fingers on all sides. This sauce is an interesting alternative to a typical red wine sauce and adds a depth of flavor that is quite unique. teaspoons dijon-style mustard.