Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!). Chocolate Pecan Butter Tart Crackle.
Looking for an easy, Canadian-inspired dessert to bring There's still your favourite sweet, gooey filling, topped with a chocolate drizzle
The flavour of the beloved Canadian butter tart is added to fluffy yeast doughnuts for a dessert so deliciously patriotic. The Best Canadian Butter Tarts is our newest recipe video! Butter tarts are one of my all time favourite sweet Canadians love their butter tarts and I have had some fine examples in other parts of the country.
The butter tart is probably the most recognizably Canadian dessert there is. This iconic dish has stood the test of time and its syrupy simplicity has evoked a sense of Canadiana like few others. But butter tarts are inarguably the most disputed dessert in Canada, and it all comes down to one question. You can cook Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!)
- Prepare of — Pastry Shell —.
- Prepare 256 grams of all-purpose flour (2 cups).
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 190 grams of shortening (1 cup).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 30 ml of cold water (2 tablespoons).
- Prepare 15 grams of white vinegar (1 tablespoon).
- Prepare of — Filling —.
- Prepare 100 grams of brown sugar (1 cup).
- Prepare 75 grams of maple syrup (1/4 cup).
- You need 42 grams of butter (3 tablespoons).
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pecans (you can substitute crushed walnuts if you like).
Proof that poutine isn't the only dish Canada does right. One of Canada's best-kept culinary secrets, the butter tart is a humble little treat consisting of a flaky crust filled with ingredients like brown sugar, eggs and vanilla that's then baked in a mini muffin tin. Delineating Canada's national cuisine has always proved to be a difficult task. Canadian Living's all-time favourite dessert recipes.
Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!) step by step
- In a large bowl, sift together the flower and salt, and cut in the shortening with two knifes until you have pieces the size of peas.
- In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients together (egg, cold water, and vinegar).
- With the dry ingredients, make a 'well' in the center, and add the wet mixture. Fluff this with a fork until just mixed (Do not overmix!).
- In the bowl, press the combined mixture flat, and fold in half (repeat 3 or 4 times).
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface, until it's about 1/4-inch thick, or a little less. Now cut into circles a few inches across (you can use a cookie cutter, or a glass), and press them lightly to a cupcake tray..
- Now we can start on the Filling!.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and syrup. Once combined, add the egg, vanilla, vinegar, salt and crushed pecans. Pour into the pastry shells.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 230 C (450 F), and then reduce the heat to 175 C (350F F) for another 15-18 minutes until the filling is set..
Discover dessert recipes for cakes, cupcakes, pies, cookies, brownies, holidays and every day of Luscious Canadian Butter Tarts. However this recipe is for the onset of the cooler weather. Originally from Canada, the butter tart is a rich pastry. Great pastry recipe for these tarts. Unfortunately I am disappointed to see a Canadian butter tart recipe with coconut.