You can have Nanaimo Bar using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nanaimo Bar
- You need of Bottom Layer.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 5 tbsp of cocoa.
- It’s 1 of egg (beaten).
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Graham cracker crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- You need 1 cup of coconut (shredded).
- Prepare of Middle Layer.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 2/3 tbsp of cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vanilla custard podwer.
- You need 2 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare of Top Layer.
- You need 4 oz of semi-sweet chocolate.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Nanaimo Bar step by step
- Melt the butter, sugar, and cocoa together in the top of a double boiler..
- Once melted, add the egg(s) and stir to cook and thicken. Once thickened, remove from heat..
- Stir in crumbs, coconut, and nuts, mix well..
- Press mixture firmly into an ungreased 8″ x 8″ pan..
- In a new bowl, cream together the butter, cream, custard powder, and icing sugar together well..
- Beat mixture until it is a light consistency, then spread overtop of the bottom layer..
- Chill with second layer for 1 hour or until custard is solid..
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Once the chocolate is liquefied, remove from heat..
- Once cool, but still liquid, pour over second layer and chill the whole pan in refrigerator..
- Once solid, cut into squares, serve and enjoy!.