Eggs Benedict. Making Eggs Benedict requires careful orchestration. You have to have warm, crispy bacon, hot No wonder I rarely eat Eggs Benedict unless I'm eating out, my brain is scrambled enough as it is in the. Eggs Benedict is a traditional breakfast dish composed of an English muffin topped with Canadian ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce.
This had just the perfect amount of lemon (we like it very lemony). Decadence is what makes eggs Benedict a star of the brunch table. To get there, order and timing are key. You can cook Eggs Benedict using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- Prepare of For the Hollandaise sauce.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 C. of Unsalted butter (1stick).
- It’s Pinch of cayenne.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need of For the Eggs Benedict.
- It’s 8 slices of Canadian bacon or ham.
- Prepare 4 of split English muffins or bagels (I use everything bagels).
- Prepare 2 tsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 8 of eggs or egg whites (I use egg whites).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper for taste.
- You need of Hollandaise sauce from above.
- You need of Fresh chopped parsley.
First, you'll want to make your hollandaise. Eggs Benedict is my favorite breakfast menu item, and it's super easy to make from home! It starts with a toasted english muffin, topped with a slice or two of Canadian bacon, a poached egg. Eggs Benedict make any meal an elegant special occasion.
Eggs Benedict instructions
- Start with the Hollandaise sauce. Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume…
- Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler,) the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl..
- Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble..
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume..
- Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne and salt..
- Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the eggs benedict. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before serving..
- Now for the eggs Benedict.Brown the Canadian bacon in a medium skillet and toast the English muffins or bagels..
- Fill a 10-inch nonstick skillet half full of water. Add white vinegar to the cooking water. This will make the egg white cook faster so it does not spread. Bring to a slow boil. Gently break 1 of the eggs into the water taking care not to break it. Repeat with remaining eggs. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook 3 1/2 minutes until the egg white is set and yolk remains soft. Remove with a slotted spoon, allowing the egg to drain.
- To assemble: Lay a slice of Canadian bacon on top of each muffin half, followed by a poached egg. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon hollandaise sauce over the eggs. Garnish with chopped parsley..
- Note: 1 whole muffin or bagel is 1 serving but I usually only use 1/2 of a muffin or bagel per serving for fewer calories and it is still filling. That's why it says 4-8 people.
This egg dish is specially great for Eggs la Benedict – Split and toast English muffins. Sautcircular pieces of cold boiled ham, place. Perfectly Easy Eggs Benedict made with a foolproof vinegar free poaching method with luxurious hollandaise sauce and ham steaks on an English muffin. Eggs Benedict are a wondrous weekend breakfast. The traditionally American dish serves poached These eggs Benedict recipes will show you how to make hollandaise from scratch, or take the easy.