Sweet and Sour Meatballs. These Sweet and Sour Meatballs are made with frozen meatballs and pineapple chunks and are covered in a DELICIOUS homemade sweet and sour sauce!! In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and onion. Luckily for all of us, these sweet and sour meatballs are sticklers for rules.
The success of these sweet and sour meatballs is all due to the sauce – and this is a great sauce. The ketchup is a must have in it, and adds that extra zing! Mike's mom used to make this for him many years ago and it's still one of his favorite recipes. You can cook Sweet and Sour Meatballs using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Prepare 450 ml of Heinz chili sauce.
- You need 450 ml of grape jelly.
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Montreal steak spice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs – The best tangy meatballs ever with homemade sweet and sour sauce, good for an appetizer or pairing for a great meal! Imagine sweet, sour, sticky Chinese sauce that coats every inch of the meatballs, on top of a steaming bowl of white rice…ahhh, the best!! Try this Sweet and Sour Meatballs recipe and let us know what you think. Mouthwatering delicious, Sweet and Sour Meatballs are a quick and easy recipe made simple in the Instant Pot.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs step by step
- Put chili sauce and grape jelly in a pot. And simmer on low stirring occasionally..
- And remaining ingredients in to bowl and mix well. Form into meatballs..
- Brown meatballs in frying pan on medium heat..
- Add browned meatballs to the pot of sauce. Cover and simmer for one hour. Serve with rice.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs served over rice in a homemade sauce with chunky bites of onions and bell peppers are a family favorite Instant Pot Recipe. So good – these Sweet and Sour Meatballs take flavorful meatballs and cover them in a perfect sweet and sour sauce for a dinner the whole family will crave. These sweet and sour meatballs are tender, perfectly seasoned, and amazingly delicious! This is a favorite meal of ours that I have been making for years. On Sunday evenings when I am planning our weekly menu, I'll ask Brian to give me at least one meal suggestion.