Spicy Pepper Steak.
You can have Spicy Pepper Steak using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Pepper Steak
- Prepare 2 lb of Sirloin steak, cut in thin strips.
- It’s 1 large of Green pepper, cut in thin strips.
- It’s 1 large of Red bell pepper, cut in thin strips.
- You need 1/2 large of Yellow or white onion, cut in thin strips.
- You need 1/4 cup of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Hot pepper jelly OR Asian sweet chili sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Smoked garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground corriander.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sriracha hot sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of McCormick brand Montreal steak seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of Beef broth.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Cornstarch, mixed with a little water to create a slurry for thickening.
Spicy Pepper Steak instructions
- Slice peppers and onions in equal size pieces (thin 2 inch strips or so)..
- Slice beef in same size pieces as veggies..
- Add all remaining ingredients to the beef (EXCEPT Beef broth and cornstarch)..
- Let beef marinate for 30 minutes or more..
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add beef and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add peppers, onions, and broth..
- Reduce heat to medium low (or a low boil). Cook for about 30-40 minutes uncovered. Check broth and adjust seasoning to your liking..
- Add the cornstarch slurry, stir and cook until thickened (5 minutes).
- Serve over cooked rice..