Potato Waffle Poutine. The potatoes should be cold going into the waffle iron, so make sure you 've got time. Peel & (boil or steam) potatoes. They 're done when you can fork them and there' s no resistance.
They are made of potato, oil, and seasonings. These savory potato waffles are similar to potato pancakes, but in waffle form. Waffle irons are a marvelous thing. You can have Potato Waffle Poutine using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Waffle Poutine
- Prepare 7 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of gravy.
- Prepare 1 of cheese curd or shredded mozza.
After making copious amounts of delicious waffles, though, you might get the hankering to branch out to other foods. Yep, we are actually putting (mashed) potatoes in a waffle maker and lovin' it! Cheesy Potato Waffles are made with just a handful of ingredients, they're also VERY quick to. These best-ever loaded potato waffles get flavor from cheddar, bacon, sour cream and chives.
Potato Waffle Poutine step by step
- FYI… The potatoes should be cold going into the waffle iron, so make sure you've got time..
- Peel & (boil or steam) potatoes. They're done when you can fork them and there's no resistance..
- While (potatoes, boiling/steaming) shred some mozza, make some gravy, get some curd ready, have a beer, etc….
- Smash the potatoes.
Do not add butter or milk!Salt to taste. Go to town on these, chunky smashed potatoes are great, but not here..
the smashed potatoes should be cold. Preheat your waffle iron before using it..
- Spoon in some potato to the waffle iron and close it. This generally takes longer than waffles. I wouldn't open it for the first few minutes (FAIL). They're done when they're done.
Use your sense of smell here.
- Add gratuitous amounts of cheese and gravy. You'll notice the waffle pockets do a great job holding the cheese and gravy. Enjoy it first, thank me later, eh?.
Brush the waffle iron with melted butter and spread one-fourth of the potato mixture onto it. Mashed potato waffles are a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes (just thin them out with water before using them) and they. Albert Bartlett Rooster potatoes – look out Potato waffles from scratch – troubleshooting. Make sure your waffle mix is fairly firm – you should be able to roll it in your hands. Yes, leftover mashed potatoes make for fantastically fluffy yet simultaneously crunchy waffles, just like their leftover stuffing waffles cohorts.