Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes. Fresh green beans slow cooked until tender with ham hocks, new potatoes and light seasoning. Reviews for: Photos of Slow Cooker Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes. Country Green Beans and Potatoes with Ham in the pressure cooker.
The best green beans are right off the vine, right from your own backyard, right in the heat of summer, but it seems the vast majority of us don't do much Any time I bake a ham, I put up a few chunks in a vacuum sealed bag just for things like this. Dress up frozen green beans with flavorful diced, smoked ham and new potatoes for a hearty side dish. Dice the ham, green beans, onion, and potatoes. You can cook Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes
- You need 2 lbs of green beans, snapped.
- You need 1 of cottage ham OR ham hock w/ham pieces OR 1 slice ham, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of med onion, chopped.
- Prepare 6-8 of red or new potatoes, halved. If using russet, quartered.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter or bacon grease.
- Prepare Dash of Lawry's Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Montreal Chicken spice (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
You can make the ham broth and shred the ham hocks a day ahead. The next day, reheat to simmering, and cook the potatoes and green beans. Serve vegetables and meat with a slotted spoon; reserve broth. water, fresh green beans, fully cooked ham, potatoes. Garden New Potatoes and Green Beanscookingwithk.net. coriander, ham, salt, fresh green beans, new potatoes, black pepper.
Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes instructions
- Combine all ingredients in Instant Pot. (Pressure Cooker).
- Next, close the lid and move the seal to the sealing position..
- Press the “Pressure Cook” button and set the Pressure level to High Pressure, and change the time to 8 minutes. (Please note that it will take about 5 minutes to come up to pressure before it starts the 8-minute pressure cooking time.).
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release..
- Carefully open the lid and spoon the Ham, Green Beans, and Potatoes into a serving bowl. Or keep warm until ready to eat!.
Southern Style Green Beans and Potatoeswholefully. Green beans and potatoes is one of my favorite side dishes. I grew up on this dish. In a large pot, fill with enough water to just cover ham hocks and bring to a boil. By using leftover ham and green beans, this low carb and low calorie soup comes together in a snap! hi Kim. i saw your lengthy discussion about low carbs and Atkins.