MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE. Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars – There are many chocolate-mint lovers out there, and here in Canada an entire nation of Nanaimo Bar lovers. So needless to say, the marriage of these two delicious concepts is a natural. While perfect for the Christmas freezer at this time of year, a Nanaimo.
These squares are delicious any time of the year and best of all, they are no bake recipe. making this an easy nan! These Nanaimo bars have a great twist combining chocolate and mint! My new favorite way to enjoy them! You can cook MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE
- Prepare of BASE:.
- You need 1 cup of CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter Softened.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Graham Wafer Crumbs.
- You need 1 cup of Flaked Coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Walnuts (THIS IS OPTIONAL. I DON'T ADD CAUSE OF ALLERGY TO NUTS).
- It’s of FILLING:.
- You need 2 cup of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Softened Butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Custard Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mint Extract.
- Prepare 1 of Several Drops Of Green Food Coloring (THIS IS OPTIONAL. I DON'T ADD CAUSE OF ALLERGY).
- You need of GLAZE:.
- It’s 3/4 cup of CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vegetable Oil (I use canola or olive oil).
Nanaimo bars are one Christmas treat that. The Nanaimo bar, unofficial national cookie of Canada, gets mint flavoring in this easy version. Nanaimo Bars are one of Canada's favorite confections. The beautiful City of Nanaimo, British Columbia has claimed them as their own.
MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE instructions
- BASE: Melt 1 cup mint chocolate chips with 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in graham wafer crumbs & coconut. (You can add finely chopped walnuts if you want). Press evenly into 9-inch square pan. Chill for 30 minutes..
- FILLING: Blend Icing sugar with 1/4 cup softened butter, milk, custard powder & mint extract. (You can add several drops of green food coloring if you want).
- GLAZE: Melt remainder of mint chocolate chips with oil in a bowl set over simmering water. Spread evenly over filling. Chill until completely set. Makes 20 Bars (Suggested serving).
The story goes that a Nanaimo housewife entered a recipe for a chocolate square in a magazine contest. Nanaimo bars are a traditional Canadian dessert bar, originating out of Nanaimo, BC. Original versions use a great deal of white sugar, along with butter, and eggs. This much healthier and vegan version is also gluten-free and nut-free. Not sickly sweet, but still decadent… possibly better than the.