Smoked Whole Ribeye. A hardwood like Hickory or Oak can be used in moderation but too much smoke will over power the meat. Roasted rib eye is a simple main dish that will impress your guests and keep them coming back every time you Traeger. How to dry brine and reverse sear smoked ribeye steaks.
By nature, the ribeye roast is a moderately tender. Here's the best way to smoke a whole ribeye to use in your Slow Smoked Ribeye For Sandwiches. If you get a boneless ribeye, there's not a lot of trimming to. You can cook Smoked Whole Ribeye using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked Whole Ribeye
- It’s 12 lb of whole boneless choice ribeye.
- Prepare of LA Preferida Sazon Seasoning.
- Prepare of Montreal Seasoning.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
I plan on injecting it with beef broth and rubbing it down about an hour before. Then take this whole ribeye that you've smoked and let it rest. This is a whole boneless ribeye, rubbed and smoked. About to smoke my first whole rib eye.
Smoked Whole Ribeye instructions
- Take the ribeye out of the frig and light the charcoal in the smoker..
- Make the Montreal seasoning. Using your favorite store bought brand is fine I just like to reduce the the amount of black pepper and bump up the coriander a bit..
- Coat the entire ribeye in olive oil..
- Lightly coat all sides with the sazon..
- Cover with the Montreal seasoning. This will give it beautiful flavor and a nice crust..
- Once the smoker hits 275° put the ribeye on. I use an upright barrel smoker with a water pan..
- Cook low for 4ish hours until the internal temp hits 125°. Watch carefully to maintain the temp and add wood chunks as needed. I used pecan wood to not overwhelm with a strong flavor with something like a mesquite..
- Do not let the Internal temp get above 130°.
- Once it hits 125° take off, wrap in foil and stash in a dry cooler for a minimum 1 hour..
- Slice and save all the drippings to serve over the top..
You don't need much to prepare this Smoked Ribeye. Just salt, pepper and Pecan bisquettes. Smoking ribeye steaks does not compromise the flavor. You won't get that charred exterior or grill marks that quick cooking over high heat will give you. Meat smoking, is a practice that was developed long ago as a method to preserve beef before the era of refrigeration.