Potato Yogurt Curry.
You can cook Potato Yogurt Curry using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Yogurt Curry
- It’s 5 of medium-sized boiled potatoes.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilly powder.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of Asafoetida.
- It’s 1 of cumin seed.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sunflower/mustard seed/olive oil.
Potato Yogurt Curry step by step
- Roughly crush the potatoes in the cooking utensil.
- Submerge the potatoes with water completely. Water level should not be more than half a centimeter above the potatoes.
- Add salt and red chilly powder/flakes to taste. Doesn't have to be too stringent with the quantity of ingredients..
- Add turmeric such that the water solutions looks bright yellow..
- Add a pinch of Asafoetida (Heeng – in hindi). If you love it you can add another but over doing it will spoil the overall taste. So stick to one pinch of it..
- Keep the cookware on the stove till the water starts to evaporate. When it does add yogurt slightly more than the water added..
- Stir till the mix comes to a boil. Taste the soup. And add salt, red chilly powder/flakes to taste and turmeric for bright yellow color..
- Turn off the heat and keep the soup/curry aside..
- Use some oil (mustard seed oil/ olive oil /sunflower oil) in a ladle and keep it on the stove. When it heats up a little add cumin seeds, Asafoetida and curry leaves (finely chopped) in the oil. Beware of the splash of oil due to curry leaves (you can choose to ignore it in your version).
- Do not burn anything in the ladle. As soon as the ingredients turn dark add them to the curry/soup and close the lid quickly. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with Indian Bread (chapati).