Monte Cristo Chicken bake.
You can cook Monte Cristo Chicken bake using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Monte Cristo Chicken bake
- You need of Sauce:.
- Prepare 1/4 C of sour cream.
- You need 1/4 C of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1/2 C of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of thyme (fresh or dried).
- You need 1 Tbsp of chives, chopped.
- It’s of Chicken bake:.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 C of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breasts, pounded and cut into 4 pieces.
- Prepare 12 slices of virginia ham or canadian bacon.
- You need 8 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 4-8 slices of extra sharp provolone, depending how much you like.
Monte Cristo Chicken bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. Pound the chicken breasts for an even thickness to cook evenly and cut into 4 pieces..
- In a cooking sprayed 9″x13″ baking dish, sprinkle the rice over the bottom. Now place the 4 chicken breast pieces on top of the rice. Spread the chicken with the dijon mustard, making a nice layer on each piece. Layer the ham on the chicken. Spread the sauce mixture over top of it all. Top each piece of chicken with the cheeses..
- Bake covered for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown and thickened. Serve..