Slow Cooked Maple Porter Stew.
You can have Slow Cooked Maple Porter Stew using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooked Maple Porter Stew
- You need 1 lb of Stewing beef.
- You need 0.5 of onion.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s 2 of big potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 0.5 pint of Nickel Brook Maple Porter (any porter/stout/brown ale will work, but it wont be Canadian).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of HP Sauce (A1 Steak Sauce will work for those not in the Commonwealth).
- It’s 0.5 tbsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
Slow Cooked Maple Porter Stew step by step
- Dice potatoes and boil until slightly soft (undercooked) place in crock pot..
- Dice onions and mince garlic. Heat up olive oil in a pan and fry onions and garlic. Once onions are caramelized add onions and garlic to crock pot..
- Toss cubes of stewing beef in flour. Fry beef in the onion and garlic pan. Add more olive oil if needed. Once beef is lightly browned add to crock pot..
- Dice remaining vegetables and add to crock pot..
- Add beef broth, beer, tomato paste, hp sauce and spices to the crock pot. Stir it all together well and cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with fresh bread..