Canadian Bacon and Green Beans. Green beans, onion and Canadian bacon are baked in a creamy sauce and topped with bread crumbs for a delicious family supper. While the beans cook, fry the Canadian bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Melt the butter, add the onion.
This is how I can Snap (Green) Beans when I add Bacon. This is definately the family favorite for my canned veggies. I must confess that I did not grow. You can have Canadian Bacon and Green Beans using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Canadian Bacon and Green Beans
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped Canadian bacon see my recipe or store bought.
- It’s 1 pound of whole green beans.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
Fresh green beans are a wonderful thing. Cook these by briefly blanching, then sauté in bacon fat. Toss with a little bacon, black pepper, and vinegar I have a couple rows of green beans this year, planted from seed right after I pulled out the fava beans and spring peas. (BTW, if you grow green. Green Beans with Bacon is not a canning recipe for processing green beans.
Canadian Bacon and Green Beans instructions
- Melt the butter, add the onion. Sauté 3 minutes. Chop the Canadian bacon and add..
- After 10 minutes add the green beans and stir. Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!!!!!!.
Instead, it's a scrumptious way to serve your home-canned green beans.' Some people call them “country-style beans,” though this dish is found being served at Thanksgiving in homes from Alaska to Florida and. Unlike regular bacon, Canadian bacon does not crisp up in its own fat while it is being cooked. It's likened more to a bologna, than a Canadian bacon, and is a common finding throughout New Jersey. Some stores in the Eastern United States have begun carrying these regularly. Up your green bean game with these yummy green beans with bacon.