Homemade Canadian Bacon.
You can cook Homemade Canadian Bacon using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Canadian Bacon
- You need 2-1/2 pound of porkloin.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Prague powder#1.
- You need 2/3 cup of Himalayan pink salt.
- You need 2 quarts of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey/maple syrup.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of smoked salt I used alder smoked salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper corns slightly crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground sage.
Homemade Canadian Bacon instructions
- Heat the water with all the ingredients except the porkloin..
- Smoked salt..
- Heat stirring occasionally till the salt is absorbed into the brine. Trim the fat from the porkloin..
- Let cool. When cooled add porkloin to a ziploc bag. Pour the brine over the porkloin in bag..
- Fill the sink or pot with water. Put the bag into the water just enough to remove air from the bag. Do not completely submerge the bag but seal the bag before removing from the water..
- Set bag in a bowl, and set into the refrigerator for a week. Turn the bag over daily. It takes 1/4 inch per day to absorb the curing brine..
- I left mine to cure in the refrigerator for 10 days..
- Fire up the grill build the fire on one side mostly..
- Take the porkloin out of the bag and drain the brine. Add the porkloin to the cold side of the grill. Rinse the cured porkloin with water before smoking..
- Smoke till done. Keep the temperature around 250°Fahrenheit. When the internal temperature is 165° Fahrenheit it's done. I hope you enjoy!!!.