Big Poppa's sweet n' sour meatballs. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and onion. Sweet 'N' Sour Meatballs recipe: Try this Sweet 'N' Sour Meatballs recipe, or contribute your own. In a skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs until no longer pink; drain.
These Sweet and Sour Meatballs are made with frozen meatballs and pineapple chunks and are covered in a DELICIOUS homemade sweet and sour Sometimes we take the easy route and just buy frozen meatballs, like what we did with today's recipe for these easy sweet and sour meatballs. Luckily for all of us, these sweet and sour meatballs are sticklers for rules. Don't thank us, thank your slow cooker. You can cook Big Poppa's sweet n' sour meatballs using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Big Poppa's sweet n' sour meatballs
- Prepare 40 of pre cooked italien meatballs.
- Prepare 2 cup of tomato juice.
- Prepare 2 of Canes of cranberry jelly.
- Prepare 2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Just place frozen meatballs in the slow cooker and pour in a two-ingredient sauce. One quick and easy dinner that you can make for your family is Sweet and Sour Meatballs. As the name suggests, this is a meatball dish Since kids love meatballs, this recipe will surely build your kid's appetite especially when they tasted the pineapple chunk that goes along with the dish. These sweet and sour meatballs are fried then simmered in the sauce, to let the flavor of the sauce seep into the meatballs.
Big Poppa's sweet n' sour meatballs instructions
- 1- put thawed meatballs in slow cooker..
- 2- mix all other ingredients in a larg bowl..
- Pour sauce over meatballs stir to coat all the meatballs evenly..
- 3- cook them on low for 4 to 5 hrs or on high for 3 hrs.
I know there are lots of different versions of Sweet and Sour Meatballs out there but this I got from my Mama. Although she never used measurements in cooking (like ever), she. Meanwhile make the Sweet and Sour Sauce: in sauce pot on medium heat whisk together vinegar, sugar, tomato paste, the tapioca starch or When mixture reaches boiling point add the meatballs and heat through. Add the carrots, peppers and pineapple chunks and cook until vegetables are 'just done'. Bottled sweet-and-sour sauce is the easy glaze for homemade meatballs.