Creamy Shepard's Pie. This creamy shepherds pie is delicious. My hubby loves it and calls it gourmet shepherds pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes.
The turkey makes it just a little bit lighter. The cauli topping is made with heavy cream, butter, AND cheese, so you know it's all kinds of creamy. This meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb loved this! i'm a huge shepard's pie fan but i'm trying not to eat it right now when i'm trying to lose. You can cook Creamy Shepard's Pie using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Shepard's Pie
- Prepare 1 of Diced onion.
- It’s 5 of Diced White Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of beef or chicken broth.
- Prepare 750 grams of ground beef.
- You need 2 of diced carrots.
- It’s 2/3 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 of potatos.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper according to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce sweet and spicy.
Shepherd's pie and its brethren really got their start as a way to use up stewed or roasted meat and leftover vegetables, but it has since come to represent a comforting Sunday night dinner. This Shepherd's Pie Recipe is a delicious, comforting dish! Full of meat and vegetables and topped with creamy mashed potatoes, it is a favorite year-round. There is nothing more comforting than layers of creamy mashed potato smothering delicious meat in gravy – our Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
Creamy Shepard's Pie step by step
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into squares, boil for 30 min or till soft..
- Fry the onions.
- When the onions are browned add the mushrooms and continue to fry..
- When the mushrooms are also browned add the rest of the vegetables and fry..
- When the mixture is consistent add in the ground beef..
- Fry and mix the beef with the veggies till it is brown and crumbled (evenly)..
- Mix in the tomato paste, BBQ sauce and Chicken broth..
- Fry a bit more and mix until it is uniform..
- Once the potatoes are soft mash them in a separate bowl (use butter if they are too crumbley)..
- Spread the beef mix evenly in a Pyrex tray..
- Spread the potatoes over the beef leaving a jagged rough texture on top ( so when they bake the edges will brown)..
- Bake at 300 °C for 40 min to an hour. Or until the edges are browned..
- Serve and enjoy..
Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. The peaks and ridges on the mash just adds to the appeal! When you're in the mood for a meaty, savory comfort-food classic, serve Alton Brown's Shepherd's Pie from Good Eats on Food Network. The ultimate Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie featuring rich, flavourful, saucy lentils topped with fluffy, creamy mashed potatoes & baked until deliciously golden brown & crispy. Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners.